Monday, March 23, 2009
Alyssa's Dr. Appointment
Well, I had to take Alyssa to the doctor again today. At our last appointment she had lost weight and weighed 6lbs 10 oz. I couldn't believe it. She seems like she is growing and developing just fine to me. Then they had me lay her on the scale. She has only gained one ounce. In the hospital I mentioned to the doctor that she had something on her ear that didn't seem right. She assured me not to worry, but then today she seemed a little concerned. She said that if Alyssa doesn't gain enough weight by the next appointment that we'd have to have her kidney checked out. Being the worrier that I am, I am hoping that everything will be okay. So now we have been instructed to give her my milk and then give her formula. The doctor is hoping that this will at least help her to gain more weight. Then I guess we'll go from there to see if her kidneys and ear is okay. On the bright side, her jaundice is starting to go away. The doctor did say that she seemed more pink today than last time. I hope that everything is good before I go back to work. I never thought that I'd say this, but it would just be nice to stay home with my precious baby girl and not ever have to go back to work. I know that is unrealistic at this time, but hopefully some day I'll get to be a stay at home mommy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I hope little Alyssa gets chunked up fast.. or atleast put on a little weight.. Hopefully just mixing in some formula will be the clue. And I hope no problems with ear and kindey.
Post a Comment